Friday, January 18, 2008

New Book: Llama, Llama Mad At Mama by Anna Dewdney

I loved Dewdney's Red Pajama book - and so did Ricky - afterall, who are the books for, right? So I grabbed this one and I liked it as well. It's a cute story and the rhyming of words is engaging for Ricky. I find that he pays more attention to the words I read if they rhyme.
Adorable Baby Llama goes to the Shop-O-Rama with his Mama and after a while- wants to go home. He has a tantrum in the shopping cart - which is something many moms can relate to. Mama gets Baby Llama to calm down so they can finish their shopping trip and go home. Now if he gets whiney in the cart and says he wants to go, I say "Come on - you don't want to be like Baby Llama, do you" and he says no and is an angel the rest of the trip. Thanks Anna Dewdney!

Here is a passage: "Cheezee Puffs and Oatie Crunch. What would llama like for lunch? Llama llama doesn't know. Llama Llama wants to GO."

This book was published by Viking in 2007.

No comments: