Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Adventures of Harvey the Wonder Dog by Lise Dominique, Illustrated By Chrissie Vales

The author of this book, Lise Dominique, did a reading at my son's school yesterday. Since Ricky has dog allergies, he had to stand in the back of the room as far away from Harvey as possible. He liked the book and what he could see of Harvey the dog.

This is the first time I've blogged about a book I haven't read to Ricky but made an exception since the author read the book to his class. Ricky told me that he liked the book and would like me to find it for him at the library so he can hear the story again.

Hoping our library bought this book. Will blog again after we read it together at some point.


1 comment:

Lise Dominique said...

Carrie Ann,
Hello and thank you so very much for your comments about Harvey the Wonder Dog's first book! I vividly recall your son and felt just awful that he couldn't join in the hugging and petting. He had such a look of longing on his sweet little face.
Our visit to your school was a true highlight so far of our appearances and readings.

While I am not certain whether the school library has the book, it can be ordered via Harvey's website at http://www.theadventuresofharveythewonderdog.com or amazon.com.

I am so happy that he enjoyed the story!

Lise Dominique, lisedominique@me.com