Saturday, February 23, 2008

Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale by Mo Willems


I was at my girlfriend's house for a playdate and was looking through the stack of books she had on the floor. Her daughter and my son are just a week apart and have similar tastes so I love talking about children's books with her. I was first drawn to this book because of its unique illustrations and the Caldecott Honor Book sticker on its cover.

This book is about a toddler named Trixie who goes to the laudromat with her daddy and brings her Knuffle Bunny with her. She walks home with her daddy only to realize that her Knuffle Bunny was not with her and was missing. It describes how she and her parents frantically backtrack to find Knuffle Bunny.

After a few reads, I just had to buy this book for Ricky. We both loved it. The story is very simple and easy to follow and since there aren't many words on each page, you can try reading it to your child after the age of 1. Regard it as a nicer and larger board book if you will.
Published 2004 by Hyperion Books

No comments: