Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Henry & the Buccaneer Bunnies by Carolyn Crimi

In honor of Talk Like a Pirate Day, I've chosen this great picture book that I've read to Ricky recently. This is the story of Henry, a pirate bunny like no other - who prefers reading instead of carrying out his normal pirate duties. This drives his father, Captain Barnacle Black Ear crazy. Afterall, Black Ear himself is known as the "baddest brute of all time." The examples are really cute - Black Ear asks Henry to force a prisoner to walk the plank and Henry replies, "Can't I just read about it?" The illustrations are great for the story and in fact it is the same illustrator for Minnie's Diner (John Manders) - which I featured on my blog earlier. The ending makes librarians around the world smile. Great book when your child is in the pirate mood.

No comments: