Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Best Pet of All by David LaRochelle


This is one of little Ricky's favorites. This is the story of a little boy who really wants to have a dog but his mother is against the idea. He enlists the help of a dragon to change his mother's mind. It's a really funny story and the illustrations by Hanako Wakiyama are amazing - right down to the detail of the boy's mother's capri pants. You will love reading this book to your kid because of the flow of the story, the pictures, and the fact that it's not so long that you'll lose your voice. A strong recommend!

2 comments:

David LaRochelle said...

Hi Carie,

What a delight to see my book featured on your blog! I am so pleased your son enjoys it! And I agree, Hanako's illustrations are fantastic. Every time I see the book, I am thankful that they chose Hanako as the illustrator.

Proud to be on your blog.

David LaRochelle
www.davidlarochelle.net

Carrie Ann said...

I am delighted that you saw my blog!!!!! It's Ricky's #1 choice so it had to be the very first book I reviewed on my blog! I am ecstatic that you commented - thanks!